You buy organic foods to keep you and your family safe. You enjoy organic foods because of the adverse effects of non-organic foods on the environment. You also particularly enjoy the fresher, cleaner taste of organic that truly makes food taste like food again. Often overlooked, organic wines are just as important to maintain that healthy, whole lifestyle.
Green wines are organic and sustainable. Organic wines are better for our environment than non-organic. They are also heralded as producing a less fierce hangover (bonus!) because of the absence of the harmful sulphur dioxide that is used as a preservative in conventional wine. Some people are extremely sensitive to this sulfur– stomachaches, headaches, and fatigue that ruin the next day– and drinking green wines can make for a more enjoyable experience. Natura Chardonnay, for instance, has been heralded as tasting fresher, cleaner, and more pure than many other non-organic Chardonnays.
A great seafood wine, Natura Chardonnay is particularly good when paired with Almond Crusted Tilapia. Its hints of pineapple and touches of herbs compliment this guest-pleasing dish.
Almond crusted tilapia is a 30 minute recipe that tastes detailed, crisp, and fresh when paired with Natura Chardonnay. To make this scrumptious dish from All Recipes, you’ll need:
- 8 Tilapia fillets.
- Two eggs, cracked and whisked
- Tbs lemon pepper.
- Tbs garlic pepper
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Whisk the eggs together with the lemon and garlic peppers.
- In another dish, mix the almonds with 1 cup of Parmesan.
- Flour the fillets and then dip them into the egg.
- Press the fillets into the almond mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook tilapia until golden brown. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle second cup of Parmesan on tilapia, cover, and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- When the Parmesan has melted, transfer the fish to a serving dish. Garnish with parsley and lemon.
Open a bottle of Natura Chardonnay and enjoy this heart-healthy meal!