Organic wines, foods and products are produced without the use of toxic synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, growth hormones, antibiotics, GMOs or irradiation. Here at Natura, all of our wines are produced from the purest, healthiest and highest quality organic grapes, and we are proud to use practices that protect both the environment and the people who work in the process.
Organic Harvest Month is the perfect time for everyone to celebrate the bounty of the organic harvest. Here are some of our favorite ways to celebrate:
1. Prepare special meals with as many organic ingredients as possible. Be sure to really make it a celebration by pairing your meals with Natura Wine, which are all made from fresh 100% organically grown grapes.
2. Shop for food and goods at your local farmer’s market. There are likely to be many organic vendors, allowing you to enjoy a large selection and reasonable prices while supporting the farmer’s in your area. Although many farmers may not be “certified” organic, they do grow organically- be sure to ask them about their growing methods.
3. Consider shifting to organic, starting with the produce that often contains the most pesticides- peaches, apples, sweet bell peppers, celery, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, lettuce, grapes, pears, spinach and potatoes.
4. Kick back and indulge yourself with some organic products. Soak in a hot bath with water scented by organic oils, and enjoy a glass of Natura vegan wine.
5. Support an organic restaurant in your area. If you enjoy the meal, be sure to write a positive review online so that others can read about it.
6. Buy organic cotton. Conventional cotton farming is one of the most-pesticide intensive crops. Buy organic cotton and keep those chemicals out of our environment.
How will you celebrate Organic Harvest Month? Let us know in a comment!