Yoga is about becoming attuned to yourself, through breathing and postures that promote self-awareness and inner peace. You can practice your asanas, or poses, anywhere you like, alone or with friends or even a bottle of pure wine, but there’s something special about performing them in a beautiful setting. Here are 6 incredible places for striking a pose:
- The Grand Canyon: The sheer size of the canyon is enough to inspire, but the incredible palette of colors that play on the canyon walls and the lovely Colorado River that twists through the gorge fill even the most jaded individual with awe.
- The Japanese Garden in Golden Gate Park: Japanese gardens are well-known for their beauty and tranquility, so naturally, they’re an ideal place to practice yoga! Unroll your mat and enjoy the breathtaking views of ponds, bridges, pagodas, and plenty of manicured greenery.
- Salt Flats of Bolivia: A trip to Bolivia isn’t complete without a visit to Salar de Uyuni, the expansive salt flats that cover more than 4,000 square miles. Desolate yet beautiful, visiting this place is like exploring another planet.
- Sequoia National Forest: Northern California’s Sequoia National Forest is home to some of the world’s tallest and most ancient trees. Standing beneath one is a surreal experience, and one that will leave you feeling decidedly small. Tap into your inner strength by moving through a series of energizing poses.
- Underwater: Also known as mermaid yoga, practicing your asanas at the bottom of a pool or the sea gives you an incredible – and incredibly different – experience with this ancient art. The feeling of weightlessness combined with the relaxation of the poses makes for an otherworldly experience.
- Your own backyard: There is a beautiful place near you that is just waiting to be discovered for yoga purposes – maybe even your literal backyard. Whether a local park with towering trees or a tranquil meadow full of wildflowers, seek out an easily accessible and serene spot for your postures.
The world is ours for exploring, and combining these adventures with the ancient practice of yoga can make them even more meaningful. Don’t wait to start planning your adventures. Pack up your mat, your map, and yourself, and get out there! Oh, and don’t forget your Natura wines too!
Would you like the chance to win a glamping getaway from Natura Wines and Glamping Hub? Be sure to snap a photo of Natura Wine in nature and enter it in our photo contest here.